BREEAM is an "assessor led" process through which designers submit evidence to an accredited individual who assumes no design responsibility.
The BREEAM Accredited Professional qualification recognises specialist skills in sustainability and environmental design combined with a high level of competence in the BREEAM assessment process.
Encon Associates as BREEAM Accredited Professionals will provide the design team with expert advice on the built environment sustainability, environmental design and environmental assessment. We will facilitate the team's efforts to successfully schedule activities, set priorities and negotiate the trade-offs required to achieve a target BREEAM rating when the design is formally assessed.
As experienced BREEAM Assessors and BREEAM Accredited Professionals Encon Associates possess the following skills and expertise, with industry specific experience.
Encon Associates skills and expertise
- Sustainability in the built environment
- Expert understanding of BREEAM assessment criteria and process
- Environmental Design / Integrated Design
- Appreciation of Life Cycle Assessment and Cost Analysis
Encon Associates background experience
- All BREEAM Assessors and BREEAM AP’s have a minimum three years post graduate professional experience working in a role covering the sustainability of the built environment having design team involvement on a number of projects where sustainability was part of the project brief e.g. a target to achieve at least BREEAM Excellent for the completed design
- All BREEAM Assessors and BREEAM AP’s have knowledge of environmental design / integrated design with an appreciation of life cycle assessment and cost analysis
Encon Associates qualifications
- BREEAM Assessors and BREEAM AP’s have recognised vocational qualifications in the built environment.
- BREEAM Assessors and BREEAM AP’s have built environment related degrees as a minimum.
- All our BREEAM Assessors and AP’s are members of an appropriate professional institution subject to minimum CPD requirements and peer review.