Encon Associates recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment and we will take positive steps to address the environmental impacts of our business operations. These impacts are both direct and indirect, and include our operational impacts and the impacts associated with our business activities. We will seek to minimise our adverse impacts through good management, aiming for continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
Encon Associates is committed to the prevention of environmental pollution, and we regard compliance with the relevant environmental laws in the countries in which we operate, as a minimum standard. Furthermore, we will seek to implement good practice wherever practicable.
Recognising our responsibilities and commitment to the environment, Encon Associates commit to:
- Support the integration of environmental considerations and objectives into our business decisions.
- Make efficient use of natural resources and adopt effective waste management procedures.
- Use energy and water efficiently and optimise our use of natural resources.
- Ensure that our employees have an awareness of environmental issues, and that those with particular environmental responsibilities are provided with appropriate training.
- Strive towards a paperless office where possible and provide all reports digitally rather than hardcopy.
- Continue to ensure that environmental considerations are included in our risk assessment procedures for all customers.
- Minimise the volume of waste deposited to landfill by re-using and recycling materials wherever possible, or by identifying the best practicable environmental options for disposal.
- Ensure that our key suppliers and contractors are aware of our policy, and that wherever possible, they operate to similar standards, as a minimum.
- Review and monitor all the Environmental policies on a quarterly basis