Encon Associates provide security consultancy services for the built environment with a strong focus on supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We represent over 35 years of experience and the highest level of competence in Security by Design.
- Planning and pre-planning Security consultancy
- Planning and pre-planning consultancy to evidence Social Value of the built environment and infrastructure projects
- Property management consultancy re Security and Social Value for the ESG reporting
- BRE SQSS (Suitably Qualified Security Specialist) service for all BREEAM and HQM schemes
- BREEAM Social Risks and Opportunities consultancy
- SABRE consultancy and accreditation
- Secured by Design consultancy and accreditation
- Safer Parking consultancy and accreditation
Encon’s team of specialists work in close collaboration with several British, European and global organisations.
Our competences and currency are validated by:
- Chartered Security Professional status (CSyP)
- Fellowship of the Security Institute (FSyI)
- British Design Council Expert status
- British High Street Task Force Expert status
- SABRE Registered Professional and Assessor status Reg No SLC-028-001
- Secured by Design Licensed Consultant status
- European Commission Security Technical Advisor status
Our mission is to improve the quality of life by creating safe, secure and sustainable environments.
Feelings of safety and security are essential to successful, sustainable communities. Freedom from crime and the fear of crime has a major impact on quality of life, and therefore effects the wellbeing and productivity of building occupants.
Encon recognise that the traditional approaches to security can often result in inequitable and exclusionary outcomes. We encourage the design, policies and procedures that protect buildings and infrastructure users and at the same time contribute to the dignity, safety and security of the wider community.
The recently published ISO 22341: 2021 standard for Crime Prevention through Environmental Design recognises the value of our approach, where the physical and social strategies are interdependent, complement each other and contribute to the development of sustainable communities where crime and the fear of crime do not undermine the quality of life.
Organisations must be sure to perform due diligence review of all prospects in order to successfully protect against security threats and avoid liability for damages.
Security risks are dependent on the context of a building and, as a result, need to be specifically determined based on a number of variables including function and location. In addition to this, security risks are not static and can change over time. Therefore consultation with the appropriate professionals is essential in determining the necessary security measures for any development.