This is in line with the principle of sustainable construction, development and renovation. A responsible approach to energy and water and a transition towards sustainable sources are essential in meeting your obligations to the environment.
Energy Assessment Services
Encon Associates are able to carry out Energy Assessments of buildings and produce Energy Performance Certificates (EPC), Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) and Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP)
As accredited energy assessors, we will visit your property to conduct an energy assessment for any existing building. During the assessment we will collect all necessary information on the property, including details of its dimensions, construction and heating/hot water/lighting provision.
This information is then fed into our approved software to produce the Energy Performance Certificate required to meet your needs. The certificate is then registered onto the national register via our accreditation scheme and a copy is provided to you for your records and made available for your prospective buyers or tenants.
If you have a planning requirement or a BREEAM credit to meet, we have all the skills and know how to ensure the job gets done. Below is a list of the various services we cover in and around the energy remit.
Commercial Energy Services:
- Commercial properties SBEM’s for building regulations compliance at Design Stage
- Commercial properties SBEM and EPC for building regulations compliance at Constructed Stage
- Existing building conversions EPC for commercial properties
- Existing building EPC for commercial properties
- New Build SBEM and EPC for commercial properties
- Level 5 Dynamic simulation for complex commercial buildings SBEM and EPC lodgement
- Shell and Core commercial SBEM and EPCs
- Early concept sample SBEMs for commercial pre-planning submission
Residential Energy Services:
- New build residential design stage SAPs
- New build residential constructed stage SAPs and final lodged EPC
- Sample SAPs for larger developments to ensure building regulations compliance and to feed into planning conditions
- Existing building conversions EPC for residential properties
- Existing building EPC for residential properties
- Early concept sample SAPs for residential pre-planning submission
Energy Statements (including London Plan):
- Environmental Energy statements for planning condition mitigation for commercial
- Environmental Energy statements for planning condition mitigation for residential
- Energy Statements for planning condition mitigation for commercial
- Energy Statements for planning condition mitigation for residential
- London Plan Energy Statements for planning condition mitigation for commercial
- London Plan Energy Statements for planning condition mitigation for residential
- Energy Assessments for BREEAM ENE 01 compliance through commercial SBEM
- Also Thermal Modelling for 'HEA 04 Thermal Comfort' when required
- BREEAM Low Zero Carbon (LZC) Feasibility Studies for BREEAM compliance of 'ENE 04 Low Carbon Design'
Energy Assessment for Planning or Building Regulations
Our Energy Assessment service can help mitigate planning applications or conditions of planning consent or comply with building regulations: